Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

well, seen them before they used those Heavy RJ dual gat and flash rocket mechs, our team rocked them. Now they use nothing but that. When the patch is released its the gats that are nerfed.

I use a Flash rocket Heavy RJ, heck, as I like rockets all my non support oriented ACs utilize some form of rocket.... why are you people hating on my RJs? T_T

>Buhthurt Densufag is Buhthurt

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the last season resets have a prompt listing the locks placed on territories till the reset was finished? This is the first time I've seen it.

I think they are still testing everything out (Derp lets just release the game and figure out how everything works afterward Herp)

Edited by Ogawa Lou

RJs don't get stunned very easily like bipeds so virtually no uses anything but RJs and quads. It's not much a problem for me because quads are my favorite leg type since the early gens. Flash rockets leave your FCS broken for a good 10-15 seconds and they can just pile that with every hit. If they made it maybe 3-4 seconds it wouldn't be that bad. They're basically anti-Tank weapons to because a Tank won't be able to run away for very long til they catch up. Some people say to just run from it, but that's a lame excuse to back up using them. In a Conquest mission using it on someone means it's now 3 vs 4 or 2 vs 4 or even 1 vs 4.

Did the last season resets have a prompt listing the locks placed on territories till the reset was finished? This is the first time I've seen it.

I think they are still testing everything out (Derp lets just release the game and figure out how everything works afterward Herp)

Yeah I saw that prompt way back when. I agree that I think they are just getting used to stuff... just resetting Merc ranks is kinda stupid.

Well, its intense fighting dual USG-23/H (1000+ atk) got 500 velocity, its like a rifle, but really fast. Can't dodge, and if you dont have like 3k KE def, it'd prob waste you even if you have 40k AP. Flash rockets are crazy, if you're good you can end the battle in the time it takes for them to recover, which is crazy. JP vers. has them nerfed I read, same with the gats. Stability on arms affecting reload speed is just weird as well, it should be for accuracy and aiming time, like it said. Just take a look at where JP is and US is in this game, and you'll see why that combo is broken as fuck. They nerfed all the parts involved. It basically makes any build swiss cheese in like a minute. RJ legs on their own is okay, I got no problem, my first AC was a heavy RJ.

It's exactly like a rifle. They are literally rifles that shoot 3x faster for +50% weight. That's it, haha. That's why they get nerfed good. I've been streaming 1.03 patch stats and guns in action on my livestream to ACU Chat and taking requests on what to show off and stuff, so you can see how some of the new guns operate or what their stats are. The problem is the videos are a bit random to a late viewer since they don't have the chat text to go along with the requests and such. If you want you can always show up in chat and ask me to stream some stuff late at night, just note my internet is not good on upload so I have to move around slowly or the framerate drops to 1 FPS, so I can't show much fancy stuff.

There are other relatively broken things in 1.01, though. They're only roundabout nerfed in 1.02 and 1.03, too. I just don't list them on the forum much because that makes it easier for the stuff to spread. NA has been relatively slow about finding most of it, which is good.

That would be due to Americans being so ready to jump on the first thing they find is good. And possibly just really bad. I 1v4'd a group last night because the guy that picked me up was a retard and just rolled in with just him and I. Definitely helped that the opposing team refused to attack helicopters until there were just two of them left. By then it was just too late. Picked off a tank and the last guy had no 1v1 skills whatsoever. I guess playing a light mid sniper is just the thing to do.

well, seen them before they used those Heavy RJ dual gat and flash rocket mechs, our team rocked them. Now they use nothing but that. When the patch is released its the gats that are nerfed.

what are you talking about? Maybe you got lucky with 4 of their members running similar builds but NineBreakers has a nice variety when it comes to ACs. Also keep in mind they employ the top 4 Ranked players who for the most part have very different builds. Of course this is pre-reset so that might change this week but i wouldn't be surprised to see those 4 still in top places.

Overall NineBreakers are really good guys. I have played with many of them and my team messages Envaild regularly to see if they want to attack/defend anything. They love to have AC fights and are respectful of other players. Say what you will, but they are a team with great teamwork and hardworking members.

Also still not sure why everyone is so dead set on areas resetting. Why are people so needy for everything to hit 0? In a matter 5 days my team went from brand new to team level 320 with 2rd in alpine (we keep shifting but overall we are staying in the top five). We barley can manage to get 6 people on at any given time so doing anything for our team is already pushing what resources we have. I'm not gonna beat around the bush when i say lazy players are the reason why NineBreakers is at the top everywhere. They not only have solid players but are also continually assaulting areas to gain more points and are willing to spend hours just defending and attacking areas for the team. All i keep hearing in free battle, and on forums is how inactive people are and how its so tiring to get anywhere in conquest. If you want to get anywhere just get 4 or 5 people to invade an area's 10ks till you know everything is dead. Do that for a night and either the areas owners will defend or you will take them in 12 hours. And in that time you will have so many team points you won't know what to do.

Overall stop waiting for the game to do your work for you, take charge and work for your success regardless of how high the bar is set. 'Cause i'm sick and tired of hearing and how people are disappointing that they can't seem to do anything.

Edited by feilarco

Do that for a night and either the areas owners will defend or you will take them in 12 hours. And in that time you will have so many team points you won't know what to do.

Or they use their wing-team to refresh all their AP and all you did was for nothing.

And Ninebreakers are on top due to some foul play involving sending in a member to purposefully lose conquest missions into some teams.

Your argument would hold more water if I could see Ninebreakers use things other than the broken shit in the game. No joke, if they want to be top on the territory lists, then they will. Not because of pure skill though. It hardly takes time to run in with howitzers, ignore the defenders entirely and take out helis. Even more bullshit is the retarded ass fact that they spam conquest missions after driving territories low because defenders aren't even fucking on. So its kind of a moot point. Vacantly staring at a leader board wouldn't prove shit anyhow because there is no online support for the game in NA at present. The rooms in free battle are okay if you just wanna fuck around. In fact, my team MARS for example usually doesn't run Heavy RJ dual USG-23/H, at all. People may use one, but we diversify our weapons, and play harder to win. I see people cheese out and then complain when they realize people dont wanna play them because the fucking pub/dev (whoever is responsible) doesn't extend the same fixes to the game balance that are given elsewhere. Why is this infuriating? Because with a bit of sportsmanship they wouldn't have these issues coming up in the first place. The fourth game was good, AC4 was good for multiplay (best its been IMO, excluding Kai, which I never got into really). Why? Because we got the fucking patches that made the game better. I guarantee you if you played AC4 1.1 when DR was king and stunned bitches to death, even kicking them out of the area because it was broken (You can shoot them, and force them out) you wouldn't have wanted to stay around if there were no patches. Same deal here, it kills variety to see them cheese-dick their way through this game. Seeing people give the fuck up on the game is because of these problems. Apathy is because the fun is gone. Why even customize shit if the metagame prevents it from playing?

Lol, just to add onto the AC4 1.1 comparison, I've used a dual USG-23/H mech, and stun-locked (fatally I might add) a LW and he died in like 15 sec. No flash rockets even. Fucking ridiculous.

Edit: Just thought about it. Another reason that territory in particular needs resetting is because some people got like 80k leads in areas for the 1st place spot. If things don't change, it will end up being a dead game because the incentive (i.e. seeing your team emblem on the map) for even playing the main part of it will be gone.

Edited by Genocide

I can vouch for the fact that NineBreakers uses dual USG-23/H. Oh, and apparently ACU is a small, third-world team according to Envalid.

And MARS does in fact use a good variety, the two times I faced you guys your ACs actually had variety between them.

Honestly it's hard to be sure who's attacking your territory unless the team maintains a forum with pics of every territory they attack. Though, I'd still like to do some Conquest anyway. We lost a badge and alot of territory, would be good to get some back. I'd limit it to the first and second tier territories, they don't get attacked anywhere near as much as the third tier do.

I had a rather uncomfortable online experience today, so after searching for armored core in google, I found this place n.n;

I guess here would be an okay place to vent....I ended up being dropped in a death match room with a couple of people who apparently used voice to form rules. I shut off voip unless I expect there will be an operator, so...these guys decided to blade. I found out mid battle and kind of sat around waiting to purge and take on the winner while sitting in a corner taking useless potshots at them to keep things interesting.

Well they got mad and double teamed me, so...I kind of sort of vaporized them ;.; I hope I didn't make any members here mad, that would be a terrible first impression ;.;

Nope, can't hear anything...voice is off unless I go into a match with an operator. I was trying to be nice, hid in a corner, and took pot shots, one came at me, I moved to another corner, then they both came at me, I moved again, they came again, I wasn't going to sit around and dodge them for 8 minutes, and I sure wasn't going to purge and kamakazi two almost fully AP'd AC's...so I laid into them, one died almost instantly, the other put up about a minute of fight.

But yeah, I don't wanna come off as the guy that ruins everyones day....when I play online games, I don't use voip..voices while gaming are distracting to me, unless they are important, making rules in lobby is not important when your map says its an ffa ~.~

=But yeah, I don't wanna come off as the guy that ruins everyones day....when I play online games, I don't use voip..voices while gaming are distracting to me, unless they are important, making rules in lobby is not important when your map says its an ffa ~.~

its also annoying if theyre chasing you screaming "STOP SHOOTING, BLADESSSSSSSSSS" "BLADES ONLLYYYYYY" they would probably get frustrated really quick. then they were probably cussing you out on voip and they didnt know you couldnt hear them so then that would piss them off even more because they probably assumed you heard them and were just trolling them hahaha.

but ya, its not uncommon for people to agree to blades only in AC nowadays...

Well yeah, they was probably mad, but still...if there's a drop in pub room, why make vocal rules? Its something I find alot in online games lately, people in public rooms making rules verbatim ~.~

I guess if thats how they play, thats fine, but I can't hear em, so I look like a douche when I get into a server which is doing something I had no idea about...at least if they made custom macros, it'd be fair D:

Actually, you can't use Free Text in-mission, only on the briefing screen. The bladers likely assumed hat, while not talking, he was still able to hear them. If his headset was still connected, just 'off' (most hurt after a while), then he'd still not have heard a thing. That said, they could have easily made the intent known in the Free Room comment, that handy-dandy space where you can put in a quick description of the room's intent.

Well, originally I had the bluetooth headset that came with Warhawk, but I traded that in. And yeah, the corner would dig into my earlobe so I'd have to take it off every so often. Now I use an old telephone headset that I plug into one of those USB desktop speakerphone thingies. Had to add padding to that as it'd also dig into my earlobe.

Most people on here don't do blade matches to begin with so you're probably straight. But even if they were some people from here they were most likely fucking around anyway. I find pure blade matches boring anyway unless its punch tanks. Though that could be the liquor, I miss playing that with Jak.

If 9breakers want the territory they can have it, but I say this to you (actual AC players), enjoy the game. Have fun and don't play against 9spammers. Make your preference build, go to free battle and have a blast with your buddies. Trust me this whole conquest thing is coming to an end soon 

You wanna fuck around with builds do free battle.

Conquest is about winning. If you want to win then you gotta be cheap too. Shit is broken? Use it. If you get called out for being cheap invite them to a free battle and proove'em wrong.

Napa is broken. Does it irritate me? Yes since I use RJs. So I can either hard counter it if I know it's coming or use something else.

Flash rockets are broken right now. But I like rockets. So you damn well better get used to it.

It's just like a fighting game. Use the broke shit. Force a counter with more broken shit etc etc.

You wanna be loyal to your build it's on you. But don't get mad when what you use is susceptible to broken stuff.

Of course. That while have your wing team job to keep territory/join enemy team and job is pretty saddening.

Edited by Densuo