Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Vets of the series. While it's a new game a lot of it will be the same.

I've thought about this for a long time. Why doesn't FROM (and all developers for that matter) make a balance formula for it's game? Like for example, lets say you have a balance formula that says LMG's should have 1.5x the firepower of rifles, 2x fire rate and 2x ammo capacity. SMG's should have 1.2x firepower of rifles, 3x fire rate ect.... and use rifles for the baseline for balancing the majority of the parts, and use that formula for every game you make in that series.

There would never be another balance issue ever again.

I repeat, fan regulation would be a disaster.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/798/acvmt1.jpg

Over at Famitsu there’s a new update regarding Armored Core V’s story. Specifically that the game seems centered around freeing a city from a dictator of sorts, in an almost Seven Samurai homage (as you’re obviously a paid mercenary). The shot of a giant MT (above) is also encouraging as the Arms Forts in AC4 and ACFA were very cool so to see them back, at least in some way, makes us happy. The other cool element is that there will also be an underground city, where the former resistance hide out, which is a nice nod to the original PSone games (as well as AC3 and AC3SL) too. In any case, the game is still on track for its October 20th release and we really can’t wait!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3817/simdfestk8l15dfjwspwe5y.jpg

Edited by Griffon

Beta update. They're fixing some matchmaking bugs that are in the beta client, but not in the normal client, and server maintenance for the next two hours. Seems like giving people a super locked up client fucks things up.

Who woulda thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey sorry for just butting in, but while i was scanning over some of your guys older posts i saw you guys discussing different theories about crouching with cannons and thought i'd throw my theory into the mix, I noticed in one of the demo's for quad legs that when the ac crouched, metal stakes came out of its legs pinning it to the floor, and what this made me think of was that for cannon type weapons, that might of upped the recoil so that quad legs would still have an advantage of not getting kicked back when using cannons, also, am i right to believe that they have not announced any news on radiators yet

Awesome, radiators seemed like an unnecisary hassle, especially since it seemed like they didnt give any more maximum weight allowance to compisate for them which really hurt the overall firepower of light weight ac's attempting to compinsate for that new amount of weight

I noticed in one of the demo's for quad legs that when the ac crouched, metal stakes came out of its legs pinning it to the floor, and what this made me think of was that for cannon type weapons, that might of upped the recoil so that quad legs would still have an advantage of not getting kicked back when using cannons

Wait, what? Sorry but could you word that a little better? :(

Edited by Griffon

Sorry, that post about my crouch theory was kinda jumbled, I noticed in this video at 1:26

in this link an ac using quad legs pins itself into the ground, I was playing ac1 and used the grenade launcher with humanoid legs ( some heavier ones, not sure if the weight would effect this anyway) and when i shot, it kicked me back a considerable distance, then i thought, what if to replace the loss of quad legs being able to fire cannons without crouching they allowed them to pin them self to the ground eliminating all recoil which would also protect them from getting knocked of a sniper spot and it would also allow them to shoot quicker since they would not have to reset there position, also correct me if im wrong, but i also remember reading somewhere that there where motion sensing radar or scanning abilities for the operator? and if so becoming pinned to the ground would also prevent the kick back from a cannon moving you and exposing to to the motion detector

Oh and also i've watched all the gameplay videos i could find on youtube and im trying to get a feel on the gameplay before acv launches, so if anyone knows of a sight with more gameplay videos, that would be much appreciated, thanks

Edited by sulka

Sorry, that post about my crouch theory was kinda jumbled, I noticed in this video at 1:26

in this link an ac using quad legs pins itself into the ground, I was playing ac1 and used the grenade launcher with humanoid legs ( some heavier ones, not sure if the weight would effect this anyway) and when i shot, it kicked me back a considerable distance, then i thought, what if to replace the loss of quad legs being able to fire cannons without crouching they allowed them to pin them self to the ground eliminating all recoil which would also protect them from getting knocked of a sniper spot and it would also allow them to shoot quicker since they would not have to reset there position, also correct me if im wrong, but i also remember reading somewhere that there where motion sensing radar or scanning abilities for the operator? and if so becoming pinned to the ground would also prevent the kick back from a cannon moving you and exposing to to the motion detector

Oh and also i've watched all the gameplay videos i could find on youtube and im trying to get a feel on the gameplay before acv launches, so if anyone knows of a sight with more gameplay videos, that would be much appreciated, thanks

The theory about cannon recoil is sound. However, while witnessing some of Niji's playtime, I haven't seen anything to say that quads have such 'stakes' or stabilizers to prevent them. It might be that I haven't played the beta, or don't know enough, but with sniper rifles and such they 'deploy' into a sniper mode like with all other ACs in ACV. Granted, that deployed mode might reduce recoil and prevent being knocked back by the recoil of the guns.

I preordered ACV too. Dark Souls and ACV...I need a job.

I haven't watched many of the vids, but has anybody seen anything that looks like a hyper lightweight?{Kind of like Sobrero in terms of lightness} Is there also any back boosters? I hope theres back boosters or some form of wing type parts that give more speed in trade for power or defense.

quads get a huge advantage over bipeds with firing stability, making it so cannons shoot much more accurately and faster as well.

in beta i preferred tanks though, since with tanks, you could move around and didnt have to use first-person mode to aim. quads with sniper cannons were better than tanks with sniper cannnons though, since tracking is terrible when used on a tank and the sniper cannon is much better used when manually aimed (plus, sniper cannons shoot faster on quads so you can stunlock a target to death)

Edited by noob