Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
"OWs are very hard to use and will require teamwork to function properly"

teamwork? I wonder what they mean.

One example they gave was say, having one AC set up its overweapon while a teammate tries to herd/lure an enemy into its fire with proper (strict?) timing.

That kind of seem a bit... IDK... almost impossible though.

One example they gave was say, having one AC set up its overweapon while a teammate tries to herd/lure an enemy into its fire with proper (strict?) timing.

That kind of seem a bit... IDK... almost impossible though.

Hmm, teammates can hide round corners I suppose since you cant have scan mode on while fighting, maybe it's more doable than we think.

A part of me still thinks that the idea of having some sort of overseer is a bad idea, along with this game being a team based. That operator position is only really useful when that person has a mic. Most people will probably go solo so they won't have a operator, which really puts them at a disadvantage. Then again, most teams will probably only have a operator when there is a extra fifth person. Also, because this game is more team oriented, it might not attract more people to the already niche market across the US. This will probably work well in Japan because they already have a good player base with clans; but not the US. But they might prove me wrong ...

The game also looks dark and muddy.

Edited by Wong

I suppose the only thing that would be hard to do is manage a territory all the time since basically... anyone can launch a sneak attack if they're on a different time zone when most of the members are asleep.

Unless of course, gun batteries are really a huge threat even for ACs this time where a lone defender or two can repel the attacks.

The plus side to not having a territory that can be easily defended against attack with an advantage ( 4 vs [x<3] ) is that all territories would be avaible to everyone new and old ( imo that's probably the best thing ever, and I'd hate to see one man territories )

Now that I think about it... They did say you'd be able to expand your territory and go on invading surrounding areas. Meaning we'd definately need more than a 5-man team to say... claim a region of our own? If that's the case then I'd have to drag in almost everyone I know that ever heard about AC, hahah. ( if of course they can afford a PS3/Xbox 360 )

Few things still ??? in my head are:

-who places the turrets and units/MTs

-will the invasion force and defending force "always" start the same place ( if so then the defending side always has an advantage )

-wonder if all those fancy and big guns will be available at the start and for free ( highly unlikely but never know )

-I have a feeling this'll turn into a typical MMO party/team mission with roles like "Damage Dealers/Tanks/etc." But in AC's sense, it'll be something like "Tanks ( offense )/ Snipers/ Close Combats/ Decoys/etc..?"

I think thats pretty close to how it will be moon, except I could very easily see some teams of beginners making there team nothing but tanks or snipers, and more experienced players making teams of fast ac's that will take advantage of the kick's and rams to make a new blading style, but still i look forward to fighting probably as a mercenary

Views the entire battlefield, launches scanners to appropriately view enemy cores on his/her radar as well as the pilots' radars, sets recommended paths based on that observation and acts like another set of eyes in case they miss a guy with a FINGER coming up behind?

That's what I got from the videos.