Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally amped. Um I'll be playing it starting Tuesday night, for a bit, then most of Wednesday, and from Thursday on I'll be playing it like a normal game. If you're on hit me up and I'll run with you if I'm not running with anyone else or mid-level at that point. I'll be on AIM too which is the best way to reach me.

Oh be advised I'm not willing to wait on anyone except Owen. This is something I want to mention since it happened a lot in Demon's Souls, but stuff like summoning me than having me stand there while you wait for your friend to get on and join us I'm not really cool with.

I caved and started looking up info for the weapons and magic. Man there's a lot of new weapons, especially swords. Also that fat demon club Noob's video showed is attainable. Good job, Dark Souls! No more scraping spear, though. :( Otherwise just a wild amount of really pretty looking weapons. I hope most of them are effective. Oh yeah, both fake Bang Bros weapons seem to be attainable. The spear and the hammer. You know what that means, Owen!

The magic list does look, overall, longer. The fire spells list is like only 5 spells or so, but the soul spells and miracles were pretty beefy. A few interesting omissions were no more 2nd Chance or Warding, and a warding-type spell that gets cast on the shield instead. Also, I saw no cloud spells either. No fire spray either. :( That makes me really sad. It's probably because casting now works off number of charges instead of MP.

Oh yeah...I did see that one of the covenants was supposed to provide you with a means of hitting people with what is essentially the clouds from before.

Nope. I heard that there's several weapons that break forever if they reach 0 durability (something about crystal weapons) so maybe they removed the spells in light of that?

Either way, no, I saw no acid clouds or scrapers. Also, I saw no items that could simulate the effect of acid cloud. I saw a lantern that did simulate an effect for the other two clouds, at least.

And the warding spell, I'm not sure if it's only on the shield...but that's what the description says. It might have gotten engrished bad enough that the original meaning was obscured, though.

Oh yeah...invasion seems to work a whole lot different, now. The covenant thing seems to change the dynamics of invading/being invaded.

Edited by Penguin Deus

I'm not too sure...I bet that ultimately it will not result in lower trolling rates. Worst case scenario we actually aim to get our names in the Book of the Guilty to become the biggest targets on PSN. I certainly don't mind.

Your boy just got fucked up by Amazon, though. I had requested same-day shipping, and now it's saying I won't get it until Oct. 6. I got into an argument with them and I got them to refund the shipping cost but that's about it. I was going to cancel the order but Owen talked me into not doing it. Either way...I now don't know when I get it, aside from it being on or before Oct. 6. I'm pretty furious!

Your boy has only died three times so far! And he's gotten his souls back each time! Second time was awful. I was standing on a ledge above the fat demon boss that the one dude punched in the butt to kill. I figured he couldn't get me then it used the wings I forgot about to fly up and smash my ass down to the ground. Then he smashed me again and I died. So next time I got on that ledge I jumped off and stabbed him in the brain, grabbed my souls, then proceeded to merc his ass without getting hit.

Then I got killed by skeletons later. :(

Your boy has only died three times so far! And he's gotten his souls back each time! Second time was awful. I was standing on a ledge above the fat demon boss that the one dude punched in the butt to kill. I figured he couldn't get me then it used the wings I forgot about to fly up and smash my ass down to the ground. Then he smashed me again and I died. So next time I got on that ledge I jumped off and stabbed him in the brain, grabbed my souls, then proceeded to merc his ass without getting hit.

Then I got killed by skeletons later. :(

You're still in the tutorial

!!!!!!!!!

teabag the mailman

I will do so.

Wasn't sure if you guys saw this: http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-migh...em-212937.phtml

Over on gamefaqs I saw huge thread after huge thread of people not getting their stuff on time from Amazon, as well as other stores. Apparently I wasn't the only one who got screwed.

Yeah I'm in that same boat PD. Mine never said I was going to get it later than the 4th though and I still have a couple hours to be sure. Sometimes packages come as late as 6pm for me.

[edit] Actually nevermind I just checked my email and tracked it on ups and apparently it's been out and about since 7:50 this morning. Where is it!!!???

Edited by Rachis

WTF man those assholes! I hate when you're like literally the last dood on their drop off list.

Anyhow I found out collector's edition doesn't get a physical copy of the mini-guide or the OST so I cancelled it. My rage boiled over. I managed to find a copy with a strategy guide at the local gamestop so I'll be on tonight afterall.

I'll be on all of tomorrow too like originally planned.

I'm on, and yes, I found invader rocks already. If I invade you, no hard feelings!

Owen I found a zweihander already.

Have you guys got the dragon tail sword yet? Pretty fuckin' sick, basically a mini storm ruler sword that can be used anywhere(minus the fact that you don't need any stats to use it) as long as you dual wield and use strong attack. It's real easy to get and its pretty early on. Here's a vid showing how to get it. I've been using it since I got it, the only down side is needing 16 strength and I started off as the thief, critical hits = win.

EDIT: I also forget to mention it has 200 base attack, and has a magic boost effect, it also looks like it has a hidden magic attack as when I hit enemies a blue slash mark appears when I hit them, of course that could just be me.

Edited by Kaleidoscope