Dark Souls

Magnus

I decided to try Smough's hammer and it's pretty cool. The R2 for both 1H and 2H are WAY too slow but maybe with enough poise it won't matter. So I tried testing it out by fighting Havel with Havel armor on. His Dragon Tooth didn't make me flinch at all whether he use 1H or both. I didn't make him flinch, even with the 2H R2 attack. So maybe I'll test it out with pvp to see what it's limits are.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both smough R2s are useless because then you give your opponent a free backstab into a setup

you should be poking with R1 and using roll attacks

my power died today so i went out

sorry i couldnt stick around longer for summoning

maybe we could use john as a middle man for trade items (assuming my net will let him join)

Edited by noob

both smough R2s are useless because then you give your opponent a free backstab into a setup

Yeah most R2's are super easy to block as well since most don't combo.

I saw that as well Rachis, I've been using it to edit my Dragonslayer build. I came to the conclusion that with 40 in both Dex and faith it gives the best possible outcome for damages without diminishing gains.

Dragonslayer SL 120(Cleric):

V: 35

A: 14

E: 30

S: 24

D: 40

R: 11

I: 8

F: 40

Miracles: TWoP, Emit Force/WoG, Gravelord Sword Dance

Rh: Dragonslayer

Lh: Grass crest shield, Talisman

Rings: Cloranthy, FaP, Dark Wood, Leo, Hornet

Armor: Child's Mask, Orstein w/Dark wood, Anything < 25% w/o Dark wood ring

I could put 5 into End (or Vit) to make the Fap ring a considerable option instead of a must have. But overall its max damage exceeds the demon spear which is its main competitor. It has less Lightning but more Physical damage than it so people who like to block a lot will have an easier time with the DSS than the DS.

my power died today so i went out

sorry i couldnt stick around longer for summoning

maybe we could use john as a middle man for trade items (assuming my net will let him join)

don't sweat it dood. Yeah let's try painted world first, than fuck it we use John.

@Rachis good looking out mang

@Matt yeah I was talking to John about that and I started thinking upping dex would get better results than upping faith...but gotta look things over of course.

Dragonslayer SL 120(Cleric):
V: 35

A: 14

E: 30

S: 24

D: 40

R: 11

I: 8

F: 40

Miracles: TWoP, Emit Force/WoG, Gravelord Sword Dance

Rh: Dragonslayer

Lh: Grass crest shield, Talisman

Rings: Cloranthy, FaP, Dark Wood, Leo, Hornet

Armor: Child's Mask, Orstein w/Dark wood, Anything < 25% w/o Dark wood ring

I'd go 30 vit 35 end if I absolutely had to play under 40/40. If you're playing less than 40/40 for sure run that fap ring. fap and cartwheel and you're fucking GOLDEN mang. I really like the build. I may do sorta similar...but I'm not sure yet.

Ornstein Armor isn't that good if you start upgrading stuff. It gets merc'd by a lot of the other armors, including ones with no penalty...like sun armor and elite knight armor.

For my dragonslayer, I'm either going to have 24->34 dex, or 30->40 faith. Using Rachis' chart, it's 248/135 and 213/162 respectively. The main thing will be deciding whether I want more lightning damage or physical damage. Right now I'm leaning towards lightning. Like I mentioned earlier I might copy you some though if I use the fap ring (reducing vit and stam below 40, I mean).

@Matt yeah I was talking to John about that and I started thinking upping dex would get better results than upping faith...but gotta look things over of course.

Yeah if you just did Dex the D.spear would be a better option because it has a base lightning damage of 180 and can't go any higher. The DsS get's the best possible lightning damage at 40 faith with 162 or something like that and it out damages the D.spear if the dex is also 40. I can also use good miracles along side this build and Occult weapons as back up. When I first started playing I liked Chaos weapons better but now I really think Lightning weapons have the upper hand. Most armors don't have a good Lightning resistance, other than Orntsein, and most shields only block 30% of the damage, plus the fact that if a damage has a bleeding effect it keeps it with a lightning upgrade and not a chaos upgrade.

Oh yeah I'm talkin about dragonslayer spear. You have me convinced though to go 40 faith on my ds spear guy.

We need to work out the Sparta build at some point. I'mma work on that during this game.

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS

Hey noob I'll be on aim for whenever u got time, if you don't today than fuck it. I might be away tho if I leave to go eat. One of my boys came thru so he's chillin here

Fire gets shit on if you have the dark knight shield equipped as well with it's 95% fire reduction.

So I managed to stumble upon another dark souls guide at no cost to myself and I obviously don't need two. So if anyone here would like it then shoot me a pm.

Edited by Rachis

Sounds like dopeness on the shield!

So John and I were easily able to summon each other all day everywhere we tried except New Londo. That place is not Evil Anal-friendly.

We tried Darkwood Forest (butterfly), Anor Lando, Sen's Fortress, Painted World, and I think some other spots...I forget.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Oh, and I think John and I tried it with being compatible covenants as well as whichever ones we wanted.

@Rachis Yeah, you have to be on same server to summon each other iirc. We were able to land on each other's servers easily, as well. We just wait in an area until the summoner finally lands on the server the sign is located on. When you drop your sign you get locked onto a server so eventually the summoner will land on yours if you don't move. It's just interesting cuz noob and I have a hellish time finding each other.

I'm starting to wonder if it's because of the maps we were on. New Londo has been consistently hard to find specific people on, and Duke's Archives was being lame for me and noob.

@noob If it's not the maps we were using, then it just means the game really hates you. Let's try Painted World when you get time.

@Jose we're not talking about randos. We're talking about specific people and which maps have been giving us the highest success rate. I've had no problems finding randos anywhere, aside from New Londo where I almost never see a sign down...I was just assuming it's because noone likes to do that level, but seeing as how I couldn't find John there even once...

Just wanted to throw this out since I noticed this today, but a boatload of stuff is not enchantable. Like every black knight weapon isn't, the silver knight stuff isn't, and everything I've tried that has mixed damage isn't.

In fact, all I've seen that is enchantable so far is normal stuff, crystal stuff, and the dragon tooth. I forget if the dragon weapons aren't...but I remember the drake sword wasn't.

Not Anor Londo. New Londo Ruins where all the ghosts are. Anor Londo is hella populated. We had no trouble finding summons and got invaded twice in the fifteen or twenty minutes that it took us to run through the level. Painted world seems to be pretty accepting too.

Just put down to enter painted world of John. 9:03pm

Summoned at 9:20pm fml

John died but got me back at 936pm.

We finished painted world of john at 10:02pm. Good times.

Later that night he summoned me into painting pretty quickly. He summoned me in Sendo Fort twice. Actually, it was three times, hahaha. Once we both died cuz an invader picked me off when he led me away from Mike and into an ambush and then was able to kill Mike. Then Mike fell off a ledge and died. Then finally he summoned me again before the boss. The first summon was in the foyer at the beginning of Sendotropolis as soon as you walk through the gate. Second and third times were at the last bonfire before boss.

That's odd that Anor Lando isn't popular. There are tons of souls and neat items to be farmed if you wanted. I also find it to be a rather easy place to get through.

Yeah New Londo, not Anor. Anor Lando is the brightly lit place with the enormous palace and giants everywhere and like a bajillion items.

New Londo is that dark, ugly place with the narrow paths that you find just outside of firelink shrine.

Hey does the birdlady glitch work if you already did the trade once? I'm guessing no?

Hey John I just realized with how easy it is for you and I to trade we could probably go between files that way.

maybe but I think when you summon someone it locks you onto the server, just like dropping the sign locks you...although there was one time where I summoned someone else, than somehow found John...but he mighta been on that server to begin with and I just didn't see his sign. He hid it well...too well...

I'm down for trying for 1 hour in Painted World, if that doesn't work we'll try whatever else we can (ie. John being the middle man). At that point I'll just get John cuz I know it'll take 20 min tops to find him lol

Edited by Penguin Deus