Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody wanna help a lvl 50 something tackle Painted World? Well, I'm more concerned with priscilla, really. Last time I beat her, I was on my dex file and my attacks are way faster in that file. Using my much slower weapon of choice on my faith girl will give me problems I feel.

If not, then I'll just do it myself and hope for the best haha.

Just use poison Mist as the purple Miasma will stay around her for almost the entire fight, I've also been reading fire damage makes her visible again. Priscilla's weapons are crazy for Dex files because of the massive bleed damage, but other than that she isn't worth fighting IMO.

Damn sorry Jose I can't help ya.

I just discovered something really trippy. If you slay Gwynevere you can be invaded again in Anor Lando! I got summoned by a dood camping in the dark for invaders on the bridge. I verified the boss was dead too. Amazing. I think what happens is Gwyndolin becomes the new boss of the area. Point being if you can afford to kill the hoe cuz you don't need her covenant on a given file, merc Gwynevere and leave it open so we can trade with each other. Hell yeah!

You're sig is godly.

Okay, excellent. Also tomorrow if anyone is down let's go merc that idiot Priscilla again at SL120. I just noticed this file hasn't beaten her yet. My dragonslayer one. Let's go get me a funny hat!

oh hey noob sorry I wasn't answering before you left, my fucking roommate let Robben out so I had to go chase him down to the end of the fucking block. Idiot dog.

Hey noob do you got a spare paladin set of armor?

oh sorry my chrome crashed or something and i didnt log back in

i have some paladin armor on my str file but i might use it. idk yet and if i dont use it ill give that to you

my spare tv broke tho (my big tv broke a month ago and now my backup is dead) so i might not be on for a few days :/

fuck sunbro i want a sig with onion man. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Damn sorry Jose I can't help ya.

I just discovered something really trippy. If you slay Gwynevere you can be invaded again in Anor Lando! I got summoned by a dood camping in the dark for invaders on the bridge. I verified the boss was dead too. Amazing. I think what happens is Gwyndolin becomes the new boss of the area. Point being if you can afford to kill the hoe cuz you don't need her covenant on a given file, merc Gwynevere and leave it open so we can trade with each other. Hell yeah!

Wait, you need to not have beaten the area boss to be invaded? Innnnnnteresting.

Just use poison Mist as the purple Miasma will stay around her for almost the entire fight, I've also been reading fire damage makes her visible again. Priscilla's weapons are crazy for Dex files because of the massive bleed damage, but other than that she isn't worth fighting IMO.

You don't even have to do that. Her footsteps give her away, you can still tell where she is if you look for the typical invisible person effect, and her attacks come out spaced out enough for you to get in the damage to disrupt her invisibility.

It's all good Mike.

Anywho, nevermind on that. I went in and decided to demolish. It worked out pretty well. Didn't get the dagger but fuck it. I'm not gonna waste time with my faith girl using some dagger anyway.

@ Matt: Yeah, she's worth fighting. Even if you don't care about the weapons, you do get 30000 for beating her. I like money.

Anyway, I've been doing some thinking about what to do with my faith, and decided upon this:

at 120 base cleric:

vit 45

att 16

end 40

str 18

dex 12

res 11

int 8

faith 50

2 pts remaining.

Crescent Axe+5/talisman

pyro hand+whatever/shield (undecided yet. Maybe crest+5 tho 66 stb still seems small to me for an upgraded shield.

rings: fap ring and probably stamina ring.

Armor wise, I'm gonna run mask of mother. Also thinking of elite knight armor +10. Don't know about arms and feet, but I'll figure it out. With 16 att, I can mess around with different spells, but the ones I'll always use are probably going to be slow, g.heal, g.combust and the last slot for whatever I'm feeling like. The ones I'm looking at are the gravelord dances, wrath of the gods, the lightning spears or replenishment. With the ring and head, I should hit 1922 hp if bonuses stack. I'm also gonna keep my divine zwei for whenever I wanna swing a giant sword. Don't know how much it'll happen though since I will be using the axe primarily.

I might just dump those 2 points into vit and get more hp in the end probably, unless I see a big enough gain with adding them to faith. Who knows, might even put them to resistance lol.

oh sorry my chrome crashed or something and i didnt log back in

i have some paladin armor on my str file but i might use it. idk yet and if i dont use it ill give that to you

my spare tv broke tho (my big tv broke a month ago and now my backup is dead) so i might not be on for a few days :/

fuck sunbro i want a sig with onion man.

Faggot

Give me it if you don't use it cuz I remember it looking dope. I may just try and get it myself. I'm still debating what armor to wear on moonlight since you got me thinking I should go for more poise...although nothing has actually proven I need more so I might just ignore it. I want to use black iron but you're such a hater omg

ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Let's get Owen to make us onion knight sets.

Priscilla's invisiperson effect is a bit different, she doesn't look like a translucent michelin man, she's almost completely invisible, but there's a very faint shimmer (this doesn't matter) and there is snow being kicked up and foot prints (these are what matter). She's not tough if you look for that. Otherwise yeah don't get blood lossed against her she nearly killed me and noob that way. That's something no player will probably ever be able to claim.

Anyway, I've been doing some thinking about what to do with my faith, and decided upon this:

at 120 base cleric:

vit 45

att 16

end 40

str 18

dex 12

res 11

int 8

faith 50

2 pts remaining.

Crescent Axe+5/talisman

pyro hand+whatever/shield (undecided yet. Maybe crest+5 tho 66 stb still seems small to me for an upgraded shield.

rings: fap ring and probably stamina ring.

Armor wise, I'm gonna run mask of mother. Also thinking of elite knight armor +10. Don't know about arms and feet, but I'll figure it out. With 16 att, I can mess around with different spells, but the ones I'll always use are probably going to be slow, g.heal, g.combust and the last slot for whatever I'm feeling like. The ones I'm looking at are the gravelord dances, wrath of the gods, the lightning spears or replenishment. With the ring and head, I should hit 1922 hp if bonuses stack. I'm also gonna keep my divine zwei for whenever I wanna swing a giant sword. Don't know how much it'll happen though since I will be using the axe primarily.

I might just dump those 2 points into vit and get more hp in the end probably, unless I see a big enough gain with adding them to faith. Who knows, might even put them to resistance lol.

Faith past 40 for weapon damage is crappy, same with Intelligence, so you don't need to sweat it there. The only benefit is spell damage which still scales high after 40 (we haven't tested past 50 yet), and the access to the last few highest tier spells.

Resistance is the most worthless stat in this game. Don't add to it.

I'm gonna be straight up with you though, if you know this build doesn't want to use any other weapon, keep the 50 faith and put extra in vit. Up to 50 is still big time gains. Otherwise don't bother with 50 faith as like I said before it's almost completely meaningless in terms of weapon damage, and you have no flexibility at all in weapon choices as it stands.

Use grass crest shield.

Idk if I'd use mommy mask, child mask mercs it. Elite knight torso is basically best in the game defense-wise so can't knock it.

I think I'm gonna try to not play too much tonight (lol) and just focus on duping twinkling titanite with birdgirl. I want 198 ores.

What's been everyone's comfort zone on poise? I'm finding 30+ has been doing well for me so far on my guys. Also, noob, how much poise did you get on your smough guy? I'm thinking about removing my fap ring for havel just so I can blow up the poise but idk.

Edited by Penguin Deus

The only difference between 40 and 50 faith is the Darkmoon Talisman becomes the best in the game and by that point Darkmoon Blade adds 400+ to your weapon's damage. So i'd run a Zwei+15 with DmB and it OHKs most things in the game, pvp included. PD's right Childs mask > any other helmet and the Grass crest shield rocks in combination with the mask. That could free up a ring slot for something like Dark wood, or Lingering Dragon crest to have a DmB for 120 seconds. The miracles I'd run are; TWoP, WoG, DmB, and G. Com, Lightning spear takes awhile to use so it's not really worth it outside pve.

Someone needs to make a trolling class, something like this:

V: 50

A: 16

E: 40

S: 16

D: 14

R: 40

I: 8

F: 18

Rh1: Dark hand

Lh1: pyro flame+20

Rh2: Talisman

Rings: FaP, Dark wood

Armor: Armor of Thorns

Miracles: TwoP, WoG

Pyromancy: Acid Surge, Iron flesh

The reason you don't see it much is because you must be apart of the Darkmoon Covenant and be a rank+1. I haven't tried out the Sunlight blade yet but according to the guide it does the same thing as Gold Pine Resin so it can't be that great, unless it stacks with faith then maybe it could be worth it but with most weapons being able to upgrade into Lightning weapons already I don't see much use for it.

EDIT: this was the best pick I could find of the one of the Onion knights

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/Mattausupplice/Dark%20Souls/1319557708996.jpg

Edited by Kaleidoscope

Fuck the guide it also said Crystal Magic Weapon raises magic damage 140 or w/e.

Great pic.

I'll slay dark sun hoe tonight on my faith file and get the spell. I guess I should go slay sun titty hoe as well to force her out. Anyone wanna join in the fun?

Maor pics:

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/Mattausupplice/Dark%20Souls/1319513414141.jpg

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/Mattausupplice/Dark%20Souls/1319514880103.png

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/Mattausupplice/Dark%20Souls/tumblr_ls5sntqBwq1qk27dho1_500.png

Fuck the guide it also said Crystal Magic Weapon raises magic damage 140 or w/e.

Great pic.

I'll slay dark sun hoe tonight on my faith file and get the spell. I guess I should go slay sun titty hoe as well to force her out. Anyone wanna join in the fun?

No don't kill them if you want the darkmoon blade miracle, it only works if you are in the Darkmoon Covenant (Unless you're talking about the sunlight blade and then I'll feel dumb for even posting this [not really]).