Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant the thing my character uses on the shortsword within the first 10 seconds of the last vid. Is it superior or inferior to having an actual "fire" forged sword {only difference being that elemental weapons don't show any sign of their element until they hit something, while in the vid, the sword is turned into a fire type, but has the actual fire graphics for it.

As for Quelaags furysword, I don't have it. :{

fire weapons are almost always better than using the fire resin. In fact, for the most part resins and enchantments aren't very strong.

The strongest enchant spell, crystal magic weapon, only adds 140 magic damage. At least this is what the guide says. I'll test it to be sure tonight. Either way, no, the fire resin is pretty weak. It's great in the early game, though.

You need to raise your strength then. Prolly a lot.

Or not, actually. I forgot that crest shield has pretty high magic guard.

Although it's stability is kinda puny.

How often did you use that faith build in ds? In pvp I mean. I didn't even know you played it online.

noob are you free tonight to kill seath and trade for estocs?

Yeah I know what you mean. Stability is not that great. Who knows, I do have 9 points to go around, maybe I can dump a portion of it in str. I already have 18 strength at lvl 33 and I'm set for the crescent axe so I have a lot of time to think about it.

And yeah, I used the faith build online. That particular one wasn't at 120 though, more like 89 or so I think. I did invade and got invaded by people though. It was funny when I did co-op with my boy from work. I would knock fools down with the r2 attack of the axe and he would come through and do firestorm while they got up. Then I would go in again and knock them down. It was nasty. I remember this other time where I got invaded when I was by myself in 3-2 on my faith build, and the guy thought he was being all cool with rolling and attacking. I blocked his second hit of the whole time, I hit him and send him flying with the axe into the abyss. He must've been pissed lol.

I did play DS online, but only towards the latter lifespan. I had a dex build at 110's, a mage at 99 or 100, the faith build in the 80's and a str in the 90's.

I was thinking about it and if you were dead set on cresent axe I'd prolly just beef the faith up to 50.

And if you are in Sun covenant you can throw the biggest lightning bolt lol

noob I got aim on so if you get back and are up for fucking Seath up let me know on there.

Word. I'll check that out. I'll also think about how I can manage the 50 faith. I am pretty sure I want the 50 on vit cause I want a lot of health. Maybe I can take a few points off of end and just use the fap ring to make it to 160 stamina.

Just did some crystal magic weapon with an Intelligence of 50, strength of 16, and dexterity of 13.

Crystal straight sword w/o crystal magic weapon: 169

Crystal straight sword w/ crystal magic weapon: 498 (580 with Crystal catalyst) > 329 total increase (411 total increase)

Broadsword w/o crystal magic weapon: 94

Broadsword w/ crystal magic weapon: 423 (505 Crystal catalyst)> 329 total increase (411 total increase)

Bastardsword w/o crystal magic weapon: 121

Bastardsword w/ crystal magic weapon: 450 (532 with the Crystal catalyst) > 329 total increase (411 total increase)

So it's based out of the base damage, intelligence, and MagAdjust. So because Crystal weapons do the highest base damage, combining it with CMW maxes out the potential of the weapon. I haven't tried it out with lower or higher Int yet but at 50 Int that's probably the max damage you'll get without diminishing gains.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

I'm about to run a similar test at 44 int I'll put the results up in a second.

I'm guessing this is the old beat on dreglings at firelink shrine test, right? Or is that just listed attack power?

Listed attack power, if I wanted a damage calculation I'd go to the forest and attack the Human NPCs to get the most accurate.

EDIT: I tried it with and without the bellowing Dragoncrest ring and it did the same damage so if you plan to use CMW don't waste a ring slot. I suggest using Lingering Dragoncrest and Hornet's to bring out the full potential CMW. I haven't tried it with Power within yet but will soon.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

Intelligence of 44, strength of 16, and dexterity of 14, with only bellowing dragon ring on (which we both verified does not effect this spell):

Crystal straight sword w/o crystal magic weapon: 171

Crystal straight sword w/ crystal magic weapon: 449 (563 with Crystal catalyst) > 278 total increase (392 total increase)

Shortsword w/o crystal magic weapon: 90

Shortsword w/ crystal magic weapon: 369 (483 Crystal catalyst)> 279 total increase (393 total increase)

Greatsword 2h w/o crystal magic weapon: 34(lol)

Greatsword 2h w/ crystal magic weapon: 312 (427 with the Crystal catalyst) > 278 total increase (393 total increase)

Interesting stuff. That spell is giving a pretty substantial boost, and even 44 to 50 gave big gains, it seems. I think daggers just fought there way back into contention, boys!

What was that catalyst you were running on the non-TCC castings, Matt?

Logan's Catalyst was the one I used, I used it on the hollowed out guys in the Firelink area. I used the Crystal Halberd with CMW and the Crystal catalyst. I did a total of 720 with 2H R1. I then combined power within and it did a total of 896 2H R1. The critcal hit sky rocketed the damage without the Hornet's ring to 1008! I might wanna try it with that just to see how much I could do.