Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, I'll post a big ol' summary of information here soon enough. It'll take a few days though, because first day impressions are not the best to go describing the game with. Maybe by Wednesday of next week. It'll end up being a hugemongous post if I do make one, tho. I'll probably just make a seperate topic for it, tbh. Take all the confirmed info from the summary post and just make one huge ass pinned/locked confirmed info topic. Haha.

Problem is that the beta has very tight limits set on it. We can't play around with decals, etc. There's only one part of each type. 1 Rifle, 1 Laser Rifle, 1 Heavy Core, etc. I don't have much information at all regarding all of this stuff.

The beta is to make sure weapons work in all situations, not gird loins for balance issues.

If one rifle works, all rifles will work fine. You just copy/paste some gun data, change the name and numbers, and you're done.

I have confidence in FROM's methodology this time. The influence from Demon's Souls is quite apparent in the design.

Let's just hope a 'fan regulation' never happens.

I don't think so. Not if the top vets made the reg.

One of the patches in Age of Empires III was done by it's top vets, and it turned out better than the developers regs. Just because you made the game, does not mean you have a better understanding of it's balance then it's top players.

There are light parts. I do not know if they suck.

The reason for this is quite simple. ACV has a confirmed 500+ parts available in it. Assuming they're cheating like they always do and count L and R versions of guns as different parts, it means there's likely at least 350-400 unique parts. For reference, Last Raven has 450 unique parts (the most in any AC game to date). Neither LR nor ACV has filler parts like stabilizers that I know of, so that's a shitload of parts. I have access to roughly 30 unique parts total. Maybe 35.

I have access to a single part per category, roughly, with some categories locked out entirely. No Overed Weapons, for example. I have nothing to reference the lightweight bipedal legs against in their own category and referencing them outside of the category is a bit funky since the weight classes using the limited beta part selection are pretty well-defined. The lightweight legs are pretty fast, etc, but I have no idea how that stacks up against the weapons and frames in the game I don't have access to.

Basically, it would be really bad of me to try to make any claims about a parts tier, goodness, ability, etc off the beta.

What vets? This is a new game with a bunch of new mechanics.

Vets of the series. While it's a new game a lot of it will be the same.

I've thought about this for a long time. Why doesn't FROM (and all developers for that matter) make a balance formula for it's game? Like for example, lets say you have a balance formula that says LMG's should have 1.5x the firepower of rifles, 2x fire rate and 2x ammo capacity. SMG's should have 1.2x firepower of rifles, 3x fire rate ect.... and use rifles for the baseline for balancing the majority of the parts, and use that formula for every game you make in that series.

There would never be another balance issue ever again.

Edited by Duronix