Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing the demo using the ULG-10/A DENALI and it's waaaay less mobile than the ULG-10/L. Actually I've been going up against that tank (which is the best competition) and with the mid legs I manage to survive and hang on with 25000 AP, this is playing with tactics and avoiding he's missiles. Now seeing how more mobile the ULG-10/L are and because I'm use to the slow mobility of the DENALI I managed to beat the tank with 22000 out of 24000. This means that I completely dominated because of speed. My point about the SHASTA is if I or a good player (not insinuating I'm good) use these "hybrids" not much def but enough loading capacity and decent AP, I can only bey that everyone that came from ACFA will be using these because of the mobility. To my opinion Mids should keep a standard mobility/turning under 6000/7900 in order to keep the status Mid. Anything higher than that you feel too fast for a mid (illogical).

Im a bit sad you cant performance tune the core parts, but ohwell. Im also wondering if I should go ahead and pre-order the NA 360 version.

And I need to work on my timing with the Grindblade. its not fun when i'm stuck kicking people.

Oh yah, caldari are fags.

I will pod you and fuck keep the corpse.

Edited by ^Slaanesh

This is just an assumption, no disrespect to any 360 players but for some reason anytime you have a ps3 original ported to the 360 the fan base isn't the same. Meaning majority stay with PS3 and some go with 360. That's just my take on it :/

That is definitely the case. Personally I prefer the more community focused XBL. Players are more communicative with party chat, private chat, friends of friends, etc. With the heavy multiplayer focus of Xbox games there is a lot more voice chat going on and I think that would work great with the more team based focus. Also I have hundreds of friends on the xbox so it just makes more sense for me to stay on it. Just because we are a smaller fan base doesn't mean that we have any less dedication and appreciation for the series. :)

Edited by GodlyPerfection

ULG-20 SHASTA isn't as good as ULG-21. Most MW pilots use ULG-21, though it's not the end-all MW legset. It's just the best LW/MW hybrid, which is what most people want. ULG-21 has good AP, average defenses, very good weight capacity, very poor stability (same with SHASTA), very high turning speed, average jump height, low kick damage, and high equip drain. DENALI and RAINIER legs are really just the generic MW legs of the game.

Really, the reason most people use ULG-21 is pretty simple. They want to bring bigger guns or more guns, and it's almost impossible to do on most MWs. Most ACV players have no idea what they're doing when it comes to movement, so I doubt they actively ever put the turning speed to use. Either way, don't get shot using SHASTA or ULG-21. Stunlock in this game is not a joke, hahaha.

Also, don't fight real tank pilots with a LW unless you know they don't know what they're doing or you have some kind of ranged weapon or super high stunlock weapon. Any calm tank pilot will just go out into the open air and stop boosting around, which will then cause them to suddenly gain 2-3x turning speed. They'll completely outturn any LW/MW with almost no effort on their part. Once you learn to wall jump off of other ACs and you get used to bulldogging it's possible to kill some tanks that use smaller lockboxes or really slow lockon FCSs without risking suicide, but most solid tank pilots are orders of magnitude harder to beat than the AI tank.

The AI tank is literally a terrible opponent, it never hits things and doesn't use its innate grounded turning speed bonus much at all. You're better off fighting the AI MW.

Lots of cookie cutter designs used by JP players, it's basically any biped, RJ, and Quad equpped with dual rifle, dual battle rifle and rifle + battle rifle with USG23/H Gatling gun hangers. Also sentry use is off the scale, so use CIWS since most used are the missile variety. Edited by Hoppy

I've started to see a lot more designs utilizing dual ampliphiers too. Though territory matches tend to have much more interesting and diverse designs. I actually haven't seen many players use sentries. Also haven't seen many over weapon users, I though people would abuse the heck outta those. But It seems they'd rather have dual double amplified karasawas. Makes me sad.

Meh, its more shitty people to kick around.

Player skill is not a factor nor should it ever be. The 360 side needs to stop fucking sugar coating people who use mods or who are of equally shitty value.

I actually envy the PS3 side. No stupid shit over there. ( From what I have been told. )

Player skill is not a factor nor should it ever be. The 360 side needs to stop fucking sugar coating people who use mods or who are of equally shitty value.

I actually envy the PS3 side. No stupid shit over there. ( From what I have been told. )

I wan't aware that the modders were getting sugar coated...

NO! I finally see a boss but I can't face it cause I don't have 2 plates!

PLEASE tell me someone here has 2 yellow plate things and can hire me as a merc to help fight the boss.

EDIT: YAY I got hired and keeeled it. Though If anyone wants to take it on I'd still like to come along.

EDIT2: Well dang it's already gone.

Edited by sniper

Who said I was sugar coating the modders? Sure there are modders here and there, but I would much rather hang with the more communicative community. It is well worth it to hang out with other people enjoying the game and discussing it with them. If there are modders the community is small enough to be able to tell who is who and they are treated as such. I support people getting the 360 version because in the long run making those friends is well worth it. People don't take the time to communicate with each other on the PS3 as much as they do on the 360. Sure you get the little kids here and there, but they are just as easy to avoid. There are some very cool people out in the world and I enjoy meeting each and every single one of them.

ACV actually promotes and requires communication, though. You don't see all these PS3 players here hyped up for the team aspect of the game? It really doesn't matter who chooses what console, there will probably be plenty more dedicated players this time.

The VoIP for AC4/fA was also garbage and hurt mic usage, that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

ACV actually promotes and requires communication, though. You don't see all these PS3 players here hyped up for the team aspect of the game? It really doesn't matter who chooses what console, there will probably be plenty more dedicated players this time.

Which should've been a good enough reason for the NA ACV to include that ACV mic too...

Ehh, sometimes I don't get how those people think.

Who said I was sugar coating the modders? Sure there are modders here and there, but I would much rather hang with the more communicative community. It is well worth it to hang out with other people enjoying the game and discussing it with them. If there are modders the community is small enough to be able to tell who is who and they are treated as such. I support people getting the 360 version because in the long run making those friends is well worth it. People don't take the time to communicate with each other on the PS3 as much as they do on the 360. Sure you get the little kids here and there, but they are just as easy to avoid. There are some very cool people out in the world and I enjoy meeting each and every single one of them.

Okay, I've had enough of this "360 is the better console to play on for ACV" cuz it obviously fucking ain't. With all due respect Godly, and I love your videos, but this is the only thing that's pissing me off, and not a bit either.

First of all... more communicative community? Oh please. ALOT of people play ACV on PS3, IIRC 5x more than XBL. So that means more chance to actually see these communicative people around, oh and, did I tell you about the only real communication that's actually important is the communication between your team? And did I tell you that ACV encourages using headset and teamwork etc and making friends by trading etc etc? Did I also tell you that you will have a small chance seeing 5-10 teams pwning all the time and having all territories and having an even smaller chance to meet the same stupid people with the same AC and tactics etc? Did I also tell you that PS3 players actually have experience with ACV while XBL have zero experience with ACV? Did I also tell you there'll be a huge competition between japanese and english/european players while japanese are the best thus giving big competition? Did I also tell you that PS3 is alot more supported by FROM than XBL seeing how JP companies support PS3 and even more so cuz FROM's AC games were always on PS's.

Verdict:

PS3 is the much better choice for playing ACV on. People who say so otherwise are either too stubborn to admit (or are either just plain stupid/delusional) this all and make up excuses like "more communicative community" which is complete bullshit cuz: *see all of above*. Making friends? More bullshit. Same thing, read above again. Sure XBL got the chromehounds part who know how to teamwork properly, I'll give XBL that, but IMHO it doesn't matter. Teamwork is easily gained while gaining experience with ACV is not.

RAGE!!!!

No, I've played both systems. 360 has definitely much more communicative group of players. There's already lots of pre-established online clans on the 360 side with my clan being the largest AC based clan; where on the PS3 side there was only a two or three before ACV. Yes, ACV will promote teamwork, but the Xbox side will already have the communicative skills when the game drops.

Edited by Barilzar

First of all... more communicative community? Oh please. ALOT of people play ACV on PS3, IIRC 5x more than XBL. So that means more chance to actually see these communicative people around, oh and, did I tell you about the only real communication that's actually important is the communication between your team? And did I tell you that ACV encourages using headset and teamwork etc and making friends by trading etc etc? Did I also tell you that you will have a small chance seeing 5-10 teams pwning all the time and having all territories and having an even smaller chance to meet the same stupid people with the same AC and tactics etc?

Yeah, you have a larger jap fan base, most of which japs are well known for running the same cookie cutter that they have always have. The jap fan base on ACFA barely existed no the 360 because of this, so your argument is pretty lame here. While you do have the larger number of players, the players already established on the 360 are much more closer knit. Many of us get together everyday and play a variety of games.

Did I also tell you that PS3 players actually have experience with ACV while XBL have zero experience with ACV? Did I also tell you there'll be a huge competition between japanese and english/european players while japanese are the best thus giving big competition? Did I also tell you that PS3 is alot more supported by FROM than XBL seeing how JP companies support PS3 and even more so cuz FROM's AC games were always on PS's.

Funny, we all played on the demo and our team peaked rank 7 on one territory and rank 89 on the other. Had we been given another day, we would have made top 3 on the one territory.

Verdict:

PS3 is the much better choice for playing ACV on. People who say so otherwise are either too stubborn to admit (or are either just plain stupid/delusional) this all and make up excuses like "more communicative community" which is complete bullshit cuz: *see all of above*. Making friends? More bullshit. Same thing, read above again. Sure XBL got the chromehounds part who know how to teamwork properly, I'll give XBL that, but IMHO it doesn't matter. Teamwork is easily gained while gaining experience with ACV is not.

Verdict:

Your a whiny faggy fanboy.

Edited by Barilzar

Okay, I've had enough of this "360 is the better console to play on for ACV" cuz it obviously fucking ain't. With all due respect Godly, and I love your videos, but this is the only thing that's pissing me off, and not a bit either.

Wow Fenrawr... chill bro. I never said that 360 was the better console to play ACV on. I said that was what I preferred and I stated my reasons for supporting it. I have a huge respect for the PS3 fan base of the game as AC is a PS series by nature and obviously has a ton more support for the game. They have a huge jap fanbase as well to play against and that is great.

My point is the that XBL community compared to the PSN community fosters a more communal philosophy. XBL games are built with multiplayer in mind. The reason I play games are to hang out with other people who enjoy playing the same games. That's why I don't really get into the single player side. I enjoy the human interaction. People who play on the xbox are already communicating on dozens of other games daily and hourly. PS3 games don't give off that same sense of teamwork and communication. People that play Halo for hours a day together can easily adjust to ACV and already know each others strengths and weaknesses and already work well together.

Of course there will be people that do start communicating because of ACV and there will be teams that communicate to maximize their skills. What I'm saying is that the xbox community has been doing that for years on tons of games so it will be a more natural transition for the 360 communities. The 360 version does not have as many bonuses to playing it as the PS3 does, but I prefer the 360 side of things. As much as people IRC on the PS3 there is 10x more than that going on in voice chat on the xbox. We even voice chat with each other while playing single player games like Batman, Skyrim, Mass Effect, etc. Also as Barilzar mentioned because we have a smaller fanbase the community is much more close knit. It is like living in a small town compared to a big city. Everyone knows everyone and it fosters a completely different experience. And because we have less JPs there is a higher chance that the people we do run into will talk to us in voice chat.

Again I'm not saying the 360 is better... I'm saying that it suits what I want out of the game more than the PS3 does. We all have our preferences. I respect the guys that play the PS3, but I still feel that we as players don't deserve any less respect for being the off console. I don't play on the PS3 and I've been taking the time to upload videos and work on this spreadsheet for the whole of the community. Just because we are the little brother in this situation doesn't mean we share any less potential to grow up and exhibit a successful future. One son grows up to be a lawyer and the other grows up to be a doctor... both help people in their own ways and both are equally successful.

I'm not exactly sure why you are getting so pissed, we all have our likes and dislikes. Why can't we just all get along? :) It isn't like I'm forcing people to get the 360 version, I'm just stating why I play on the 360 so it can help them make their decision. Nothin' wrong with that.

Verdict:

Your a whiny faggy fanboy.

Play nice Barilzar, you aren't helping the discussion with insults. :)

Edited by GodlyPerfection

Wow Fenrawr... chill bro. I never said that 360 was the better console to play ACV on. I said that was what I preferred and I stated my reasons for supporting it. I have a huge respect for the PS3 fan base of the game as AC is a PS series by nature and obviously has a ton more support for the game. They have a huge jap fanbase as well to play against and that is great.

My point is the that XBL community compared to the PSN community fosters a more communal philosophy. XBL games are built with multiplayer in mind. The reason I play games are to hang out with other people who enjoy playing the same games. That's why I don't really get into the single player side. I enjoy the human interaction. People who play on the xbox are already communicating on dozens of other games daily and hourly. PS3 games don't give off that same sense of teamwork and communication. People that play Halo for hours a day together can easily adjust to ACV and already know each others strengths and weaknesses and already work well together.

Of course there will be people that do start communicating because of ACV and there will be teams that communicate to maximize their skills. What I'm saying is that the xbox community has been doing that for years on tons of games so it will be a more natural transition for the 360 communities. The 360 version does not have as many bonuses to playing it as the PS3 does, but I prefer the 360 side of things. As much as people IRC on the PS3 there is 10x more than that going on in voice chat on the xbox. We even voice chat with each other while playing single player games like Batman, Skyrim, Mass Effect, etc. Also as Barilzar mentioned because we have a smaller fanbase the community is much more close knit. It is like living in a small town compared to a big city. Everyone knows everyone and it fosters a completely different experience. And because we have less JPs there is a higher chance that the people we do run into will talk to us in voice chat.

Again I'm not saying the 360 is better... I'm saying that it suits what I want out of the game more than the PS3 does. We all have our preferences. I respect the guys that play the PS3, but I still feel that we as players don't deserve any less respect for being the off console. I don't play on the PS3 and I've been taking the time to upload videos and work on this spreadsheet for the whole of the community. Just because we are the little brother in this situation doesn't mean we share any less potential to grow up and exhibit a successful future. One son grows up to be a lawyer and the other grows up to be a doctor... both help people in their own ways and both are equally successful.

I'm not exactly sure why you are getting so pissed, we all have our likes and dislikes. Why can't we just all get along? :) It isn't like I'm forcing people to get the 360 version, I'm just stating why I play on the 360 so it can help them make their decision. Nothin' wrong with that.

Play nice Barilzar, you aren't helping the discussion with insults. :)

Okay, I understand now. It just seemed that you were saying that XBL is better than PS3 cuz you kept boasting about the commu etc... And like I said, you won't be talking much anyways with others, just your teams teammates which SHOULD be people you know. Also, teamwork experience is easily gained by doing w/e. Not just gaming lmao. You can get it by playing teamsport and stuff.

Oh and I wasn't mad, just annoyed. I understand now I understood wrong.

As for Barilzar, YOU are the "whiny faggy fanboy" I don't care if you play on XBL but what I do care about is people saying that XBL is better than PS3 for ACV which it obviously ain't. It seemed like Godly was saying XBL is better than PS3 hence my post.

: Yeah, you have a larger jap fan base, most of which japs are well known for running the same cookie cutter that they have always have.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Okay, I understand now. It just seemed that you were saying that XBL is better than PS3 cuz you kept boasting about the commu etc... And like I said, you won't be talking much anyways with others, just your teams teammates which SHOULD be people you know. Also, teamwork experience is easily gained by doing w/e. Not just gaming lmao. You can get it by playing teamsport and stuff.

Oh and I wasn't mad, just annoyed. I understand now I understood wrong.

I completely agree that you can gain teamwork from other things as well. Games are being seen as a sports-like hobby among many people now though. And in freeplay matches you will more than likely still be communicating with other people. Though sadly I think I've heard that mercenaries can't talk to the team they are working for. That may be completely wrong, but I thought I saw that somewhere.

The blading community evolved heavily on the 360 due to this type of communication. Dozens of clans were built through the game's lifespan and tons of clan matches and competition was sparked among the fan base on the 360. Off topic ACFA blading sucked hard. lol...