Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't see how these guys think they can get away with having just 20/20. That shit is barely useable for pve let alone pvp. And they think they can get away with it just by using the Ring of Favor. Silly gooses!

I'm not too experienced with pvp yet though. I just whoop on the few invaders I've had. I imagine if I made a purpose built pvp character that I would see a lot of success. I can see what you guys mean by everyone is terrible so far.

Yeah Steve for now most people are terrible, especially since there isn't much info out yet on strong and easy to use builds. Give it time and fights get harder, if only because available builds get stronger. Being trash at playing means shit when you have the internet.

The only spot so far I've seen tough fights were in Anor Lando. The cloak and dagger shit inside the palace lets the invaders do wild stuff.

Has anyone tested out the damage of an enchanted +5 vs magic +10, or occult+5/divine+10, before hitting 99 in the respective stat? I was wondering what does more damage at SL70 and SL120. It makes sense that the 3rd tiers do more at 99, but how about before?

I'm especially curious because moon weapons were better than cresent in ds until you got really high magic stat. Like 99.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Crystal Soul Mass, Crystal Soul Spear, and White Dragon breath are all pretty good and each have there perks to them. Total damage CSM does the most, CSS can pierce through multiple enemies while still doing high damage and WDB shoots in a straight line so it can kill multiple and can go up or down walls, It also has the most casts for crystal sorcery.

I finally got my Dragonslayer build done and I'm pretty disappointed with it. Here's what I've got;

V: 40

A: 16

E: 40

S: 24

D: 30

R: 10

I: 12

F: 30

Rings: Leo ring, Ring of Favor and Protection, Cloranthy ring, Hornet's ring, and Dark wood grain.

Pyromancy: Iron Flesh/G.Combustion

Miracles: Tranquil walk of Peace, Gravelord Sword Dance/Gravelord Great Sword Dance(Heal if invading)

Dragonslayer's +5 total damage is 367 with 232 physical and 135 Lightning damage.

I tried to see if a mixed faith/dex build could pump out a high damage spear but only gets a 367 total damage. The saving grace about this build allows the use of Tranquil walk of Peace and the fact that 2H R2 sends players flying allowing me to cast a Gravelord sword dance as the get up. If using Dragonslayer for damage only I suggest making a pure Dex build and like Noob suggested take 8 points of strength to add elsewhere and just 2H it.

EDIT: In my my Faith file my Occult Great axe +5 did around 700 with 50 faith and my Divine Gargoyle axe +10 did around 550, only problem is the skeletons won't die for good with Occult weapons unlike divine.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

With mine I'm doing similar but not going to 30 dex. I'm staying at 24 dex. I'm most likely gonna go to 24 str, but not 100% sure yet. The extra points will boost faith so I can use whatever faith weapons I feel like. I wasn't planning to use more than 14 attune on mine though. I just want slow, wrath of gods maybe, and great heal maybe. I might run power within over wog, or even great combust since it's so handy (no pun intended).

The intent was a faith-eccentric build with the ability to use the spear. I did the same with my favorite faith build in ds.

Or I might only run slow and great combust! Or even just slow! :(

Options ftw

Oh and I am not raising int in the least. So I saved the 4 points there too. I just looked more closely at your guy and to me it looks like your trying to do too much at once. What was your main goal? Just a high damage spear guy? Or something else?

Here's a suggestion:

V: 40

A: 16 (I'd use 12@sword dance and slow)

E: 40

S: 24 (I'd leave it prolly so you could dick around with a shield)

D: 30 (I might suggest lowering this unless you want that extra damage)

R: 10

I: 12 (go to base, unless base is 12 :( )

F: 30 (18 min for slow iirc so if you only want that get 18 If you wanted to shave points you could here, or just leave it for more spear damage...unless sword dance scales off faith. I forget)

spare points in vit and/or faith

Rings: Ring of Favor and Protection, Cloranthy ring, Dark wood grain.

DS spear/a talisman

grass crest shield/any shield to guard with(wide open really since I'd have to know what the plan with spear was)

Pyromancy: Iron Flesh/G.Combustion

Miracles: Tranquil walk of Peace, Gravelord Sword Dance/Gravelord Great Sword Dance(Heal if invading)

I tried to see if a mixed faith/dex build could pump out a high damage spear but only gets a 367 total damage. The saving grace about this build allows the use of Tranquil walk of Peace and the fact that 2H R2 sends players flying allowing me to cast a Gravelord sword dance as the get up. If using Dragonslayer for damage only I suggest making a pure Dex build and like Noob suggested take 8 points of strength to add elsewhere and just 2H it.

I like the combo idea. I say run with that!

Edited by Penguin Deus

if you wanna know damages then use this link

https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats...ators/enchanted

i posted it somewhere in this thread before. it lets you input your stats and itll show you your atk values (all weapons lvl5)

the only thing about it tho is that i cant find the unique weapons, so stuff like moonlight greatsword or black knight axe isnt up there

Good looking out noob

Hey Matt, I haven't been able to find anyone else who could explain white dragon breath in detail to me, so I'd like to know how fast does it cast? I was hearing it casts slow as shit, like heavy soul arrow slow. That sounds like a raw deal if it's 50 int req.

I might not use it on my mage girl if that's the case, since I am better off with 40 int in terms of efficiency from what I'm seeing on this spreadsheet noob linked to. Makes sense since DS was the same way.

Did anyone else try out white dragon breath yet?

Keep in mind I'm curious about the spell's performance in pvp specifically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaDO6kfkkV4#t=1m10s

Boy that does look really slow to cast. Not feeling that mang.

I was thinking that the slowness might get offset by being fogged...but yeah that's really just an idea at the moment. I'd say I'd test it but fuck man...50 int hahaha

Edited by Penguin Deus

You're right WDB isn't practical for pvp eveb if you did make a character with 50 Int. Its really strong and has a good number of spell conts at 20 which is cut to 10 with the crystal catalyst but the slow animation and high int cost make it a little tricky to use. If you were to use it maybe take off 5 in vit and end I did that with an insanity mage in DnS. But for a practical mage I'd use Crystal soul mass, Chamleon, crstal magic weapon and maybe great soul arrow for harrasment. Oh CSM is the onl thing I know f that can be cast while using chamleon.

Welp I'm SL75, started as a Wanderer, kinda stuck with that persona.

Currently in Lost Izalith(sp?) getting my ass handed to me at Bed of Chaos.

Gear- Black Iron Helm., the black robes from vaginal discharge, hard leather gloves +4 of all things.

Weapons/Shield-Demon Titanite Catch pole +5, Eagle Shield +5, oolicile branch catalyst, flamey hand +7.

I screwed myself out of spells and miracles, go 15 int. So I use Iron Flesh to tank things out.

Darkmoon Cov. To be a justice bringing queer, it's pretty fun.

Refused to do Dragon Head glitch, friend however did it and is I think SL 577 and making fun of where I'm at but at least I didn't cheat lol.

So I started a new game to make a faith guy cause my faith guy rocked the crescent axe in ds and I wanna use it again. I heard (from mike I think) that its not the same but w/e I don't care. Anywho, I've been having somewhat of a difficult time trying to decide what weapon to use until I get there. I thought about using that spear but fuck. I don't know if I'm too happy about dumping 24 pts to dex when it'll prob just be for the spear. Don't know what else having so much dexterity opens up.

There isn't much, iirc. That spear is a commitment. I was noticing there are plenty of high str weapons that can be made divine/occult, so I'd look there first.

And what is this framing me shit you're pulling making it sound like I said the cresent axe is bad? I said it was different, cuz it is. It now has split damage between physical and magic. It D/D/-/B scale now. I will not have my name slandered!

Oh and it only upgrades on one path now, with twinkling titanite.

Hey can anyone tell me what the differences in performance between the Iaito and Uchigatana is? Like swing speeds and ranges. Not stuff that's in the guide.

The uchi is just a little bit longer the the Iaito and the both have some good range. I haven't really timed the swing animations for them yet but the Iaito seems a little faster than the uchi and it's a better Katana for Fog users as it has a horizontal R2 slash. That's the one thing I liked about the Chaos blade as it had both both R2 motions of the Uchi and Iaito, but it was also smaller than both. The washing pole is a beast if you change it to a Chaos weapon as it does a crazy amount of damage and it almost has the range of the Dragonslayer. I feel all Katana's have pretty good phantom range when I used them as well and each has that super attack while running.

Why make and Estoc for backstabbing as its critical is only 100? The bandit's dagger, parry dager, dagger, rapier, and the mail breaker have higher critical damage. Unless there's something with the Estoc that makes it a better back stabber for range purposes but then why not use a spear?

EDIT: I timed all the Katanas and they all can do 8 swings with END 40(with RoFaP). The uchi and the Iaito have the smae speed swings as each other whether its 2H'd or not. The only difference is the Iaito has a horizontal swing R2 and the 2H'd R2 goes father than the Uchi. The chaos blade also had the same speeds when using R1 but not R2, it was just a little slower. The washing Pole had almost the same speeds it was half a millisecond slower, but it takes up the same amount of stamina per swing as the others.

Edited by Kaleidoscope