Dark Souls

Magnus

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can't be enchanted. It's actually a mixed damage weapon, 148/100 c/c/e/-. 18 weight too. :( I actually just ruled that out just before I saw your post since I noticed that if I wanted to get 5 slots I needed to go to 19 attunement, which leaves me with 10 str. I'd need 27 (I have 16) to use the stone greatsword.

Anyone wanna do dukes archives? I think I'm gonna try it now so I can get that moonlight for this file.

Fuck Seath!

There's a miracle in ash lake called great magic barrier inside a tree by the hydra that helps with the channelers but not with the people that get affected by his dance, those archers can fuck you up. You could also try the magic shield glitch to burst through. Edited by Kaleidoscope

That dance is so great. What kind of idiot invades the archives? Christ. I don't even want the humanity anymore I just want them to go away so I can wait for noob in peace.

Running Diary of Dark Souls: Waiting for Noob in the Archives

First moron died to great combust chains. He prolly thought he could stun me. Fuck him I have poise.

Second moron died to repeated backstabs from my puny enchanted sunlight sword +2. I'm SL120 to get an idea of how puny that is.

Third moron tried to poison cloud me. Fuck him I have 90 randy mosses. Not like it mattered I just ran up to him and backstabbed him for breathing at me. He got spooked and ran so then I backstabbed him 3 more times and that was that. Pussies. I wish noob would show up as fast as these goons.

Fuck Seath and his stupid tail. He got me. Waiting again for noob, or anyone really.

Fourth moron had a katana of some kind and a big shield. Terrible fighter. relied on his lock too much. He got a slash, into a backstab, and then I left him up but he was scared so I just ran up to his face and fire jizzed all over him.

Fifth moron thought his shield would save him. It didn't guard magic. He panicked when he realized I could bang on his shield, turned around to run, and got backstabbed. He tried it again, so I did it again. Finally he grew a pair with his 81 or so hp left, and tried to fight. I kicked him in the chest and gave him the ol swipe across the torso for great justice.

Unfuckingbelievable. I find someone who isn't noob, after waiting for like an hour, tell them "don't kill the dragon I need the tail cut off" so we fight the boss, they panick, and kill Seath. Fuck.

So anyone got a spare moonlight? Christ.

SUPER EDIT for clarification

Edited by Penguin Deus

If I was on ps3 I'd have a few spares /: sorry bro.

I didn't realize you could just cut the tail right of the Stone dragon and he won't give a shit, I always thought he was gonna try and kill me afterwards. Whats the would be the better dragon weapon? I know for Magic it's the moonlight blade and I'm guessing Priscilla's Dagger is best for Dex but what about Strength? The Dragon Greatsword and Greataxe do the same damage and have the special 2H R2 attack but the Dragon tooth actually has a para bonus (only 'D' though). The Greataxe has a area attack but its range is pretty limited and the Greatsword has a straight line blast like the Drake sword except bigger, stronger, and goes father. I might give the advantage to the axe just because of fog ring users.

At SL 577 my friend got invaded a total of 7 times during his visit in lost Izalith. Each little queer used the great shield invinci spell and the ring of fog. I could go through the motions of the fights but they were all the same, Josh did his thing in the level, and they would eventually give themselves away from lava damage, and the fiery hand would smack them out of his world.

On to me, I could give you a moonlight, only problem being my SL of 75. I didn't get to play tonight/poor me lol.

This is probably the best medieval related game I've ever played. It's got everything, two handed swords, dragons, awesome armor designs, epic boss fights, I could go on.

By the way, I get lucky with the drops, I've got a ton of my favorite weapon type, two handed swords. Early on in the game, the first two knights{black knights?} I killed dropped the black knight sword, and the other dropped the GREAT black knight sword, a beastly weapon. It helped me slay some of the bosses and for a while was the most powerful weapon I had.

Am I the only person that uses a sword that's literraly ablazed? I haven't seen it in any other vids or any mentions of it. :( The firey sword was an unexpected bonus for me. Two handing a short sword is utterly awesome.

Round 2 with some casual strolling thrown in.

Edited by Fragrant

What were the summon limits again? +/-10% host level? If so then Mike should be able to summon you since he's still SL70 as far as I know.

I'm SL120. I mentioned that in the running diary I made. I was SL70, then I went to SL80 to test out spells, then I went to SL120 in an attempt to summon noob. I figured if anyone invaded me at SL120 they'd either have to be the Miyamoto Musashi of dark souls or fully equipped in god tier goodies to beat me anyways, even with puny SL70 gear.

I wasn't proven wrong. :\

Blazing sword? Sounds like Quelaag's Furysword. It's actually one of the most common weapons in the game. fun fact: 1h (maybe it was 2h I forget) r1 and back gets you a cool twirly flip.

I have the Great sword and I'm not a fan of it as it has the same base damage as the regular black knight sword it just has a strength bounus of 'B' instead of 'C'. The Axe is the best weapon because it has the highest base damge with a 'B' param bonus. I also fought someone with it and they were easily killed because his attacks were so slow. Edited by Kaleidoscope

If I was on ps3 I'd have a few spares /: sorry bro.

I didn't realize you could just cut the tail right of the Stone dragon and he won't give a shit, I always thought he was gonna try and kill me afterwards. Whats the would be the better dragon weapon? I know for Magic it's the moonlight blade and I'm guessing Priscilla's Dagger is best for Dex but what about Strength? The Dragon Greatsword and Greataxe do the same damage and have the special 2H R2 attack but the Dragon tooth actually has a para bonus (only 'D' though). The Greataxe has a area attack but its range is pretty limited and the Greatsword has a straight line blast like the Drake sword except bigger, stronger, and goes father. I might give the advantage to the axe just because of fog ring users.

It's cool dood thanks anyways. Noob was gonna get it on his dex file (I think tonight) to give to me. I'll try and help him through it so I can get the damn sword.

Axe is probably better because the ultra greatsword class weapons in general are really slow and unwieldy. I didn't mind the axe much when I fooled around with it. I'm not sure if you can count the dragon tooth since it technically didn't come off a dragon tail, but if you are I'm probably inclined to say it's better cuz that thing rocks (no pun intended as usual)!

Hey, could anyone confirm for me that Moonlight is as fast as GSoA? I tried out GSoA and I was really impressed with the swing speed. Noob said he thinks they are same speed, but confirmation would be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i5RP0f4DDI

Here we go. It looks almost as fast, but I think GSoA might have been faster? Idk, I wish I was home to try this. Stupid work!

Hmm for this dood GSoA looked same or slower...weird.

Revised, mainly for me to have somewhere to put this

moonlight mage (base pyro)

V: 50

A: 19

E: 40

S: 16

D: 14

R: 12

I: 44

F: 8

@crystal soul spear, crystal homing soulmass, fog, great combustion, soul spear/whatever I want at 1 slot

moonlight/pyro

logan catalyst/grass crest shield

cartwheel ring, sorcery ring/slumbering ring/fap ring/etc?

tattered hat

ornstein armor (changing this after I farm ores)

giant gloves

antique skirt

Thoughts:

I decided 50 vit was the best route to take for what I want. I have more than enough attune, and I have the necessary int for CSS, and 40->50 vit is like 170+ more hp. I noticed that 40->50 int barely raises the damage on most int-based weapons, so I took a gamble and guessed it's the same for the Moonlight. I haven't confirmed this yet but I will as soon as I get the sword. Generally the focus is on using the fog, moonlight, and great combust, with all other spells as situational backup. I've been using an enchanted sunlight sword +2 in the meantime and it's worked quite well. I'm switching to enchanted uchi +2, though until I get the Moonlight. Hopefully it gives me similar results.

smough bramd (base warrior)

V: 40

A: 12

S: 58

D: 12

R: 11

I: 9

F: 18

1 to spare to SL120

@slow, great combust

smough/pyro

talisman/grass crest shield

cartwheel ring/fap ring/wolf ring, not sure on the two yet

dragonslayer (base cleric)

A: 14

S: 24

D: 24

R: 11

I: 8

F: 40

1 to spare to SL120

@slow, great combustion, great heal?/lightning bolt?

dragonslayer spear/pyro

a good shield/talisman

cartwheel ring? regen ring? fap ring?

Butch Cassidy SL70 (base pyro)

V: 30

A: 12

E: 37

S: 16

D: 14

R: 10

I: 14

F: 18

@slow, fog

avelyn/pyro

avelyn/oalacile

fap ring, fog ring/cartwheel ring

Oh yeah...now that I remember. I want to throw a few other interesting things I noticed last night:

-40->50 vit is totally worth it. So far vit is the only thing that still has a big scale going from 40->50

-str, int, and faith all seem to have a big dropoff in weapon damage scaling after 40

-poise can prevent the stun of great combustion

-status clouds kinda suck at SL120, and kind of do in general now; only good for trolling with a friend

-butterfly shield's destructo disk can really get up there in damage and only costs 4 endurance to fire

-tin crystal catalyst was like 30% more damaging per cast on Logan's catalyst for my mage girl (44 int), just over 1k per CSS

-the sorcery damage increaser ring raised it about 15%. I was doing about 660ish without it (CSS) and 770ish with it

-backstabs are still totally worth it, even if the damage is way down. The benefits of free setup can't be overstated

-pyro hand might just be the greatest backup weapon in the game

Edited by Penguin Deus

So with the ring and catalyst its around a 45 percent increase. What is the Dusk crown increase? I was wondering because I used an insanity firespray mage a lot back in demon souls and with all those items you can come close to an insanity mage. I'm thnking you'd have to run all that equipmant plus the red tearstone ring just to get close to one.

dusk crown gives +20% increase in sorcery damage, with a 30% decrease in magic defense. So like...

1.2 for dusk crown*1.10 for antique shirt*1.15 for ring*1.3 for tin crystal catalyst gets you 1.97x or so

I'm pretty sure you can't make a spraymage in this game since there is nothing like fire spray (this depresses me to no end since I practically trademarked the spraymage), but you can make a really high damage spellcaster for sure...like more damaging than before, but not quite as damaging as hypermode.

I'm not sure if red tear ring works with magic again, but if it does that blows the damage up to 2.96x.

you could but thats risky. I got an idea, though:

M&M Hypermage (base pyro)

A: 23

S: base

D: base

R: base

I: 50

F: 18 (I forget if Great Heal requires more...if so we'll take it from vit)

6 slots@crystal soul spear, crystal homing soulmass, great combustion, slow, power within, great heal

velka talisman/pyro (maybe a dagger or something light to fish for backstabs to set up slow)

tin crystallization catalyst/butterfly shield

red tearstone ring, sorcery ring

dusk crown

antique shirt

whatever

whatever

I think that regular heal might be fine since hp isn't the major concern, just avoiding death at the hands of PW. Otherwise yeah, slow and force him to eat magic, or catch dood sleeping and force him to eat magic. If noone got the jump, homing soulmass and great combust until they die.

I have some concerns on this, but its a start for a build.

I just remembered butterfly shield won't be of any use, here. Toss it for anything else.

your faith is similar to how I wanted to have mine end up like.

I'm thinking 50/14/40/18/12/11/8/40 at 120. With the numbers, I have 9 points left. I primarily wanna end up using the crescent axe, but using a divine zwei right now and 2h it all day. The spells I was thinking of using is probably lightning spear, slow and maybe heal or replenishment. I might use the leftover points to increase attunement so I can mess with pyromancy, or even use wrath of gods. I don't know much about spell damage and what not, since in this is the first time I'm messing with spells at all.

your faith is similar to how I wanted to have mine end up like.

I'm thinking 50/14/40/18/12/11/8/40 at 120. With the numbers, I have 9 points left. I primarily wanna end up using the crescent axe, but using a divine zwei right now and 2h it all day. The spells I was thinking of using is probably lightning spear, slow and maybe heal or replenishment. I might use the leftover points to increase attunement so I can mess with pyromancy, or even use wrath of gods. I don't know much about spell damage and what not, since in this is the first time I'm messing with spells at all.

Is that base cleric? 18/12 is what cresent axe needs, right?

Lightning spear casts pretty slow iirc. Slow is needed, and I'd probably use Great Combustion cuz it's the hp handgun of dark souls, and idk what I'd use in the last spot. Wrath of god casts real fast iirc...and I think even emit force does too. The basic push spell is kinda slow though so I wouldn't bother. Great Heal could be fun. Chaos Greatsword Dance is always an option too. If you are keeping that 3rd slot might as well fuck around with stuff.

As for the spare points, it's really hard to say what I'd do with them since I'd need more info on what you're aiming to do or how you want to play the build. Rings play a pretty huge role in how the build plays.

Pyro damage is based off of humanity and how upgraded the hand is. It's not based on stats, so yeah attunement is all you need there if you wanted to mess with more spells.

Edited by Penguin Deus

Yeah, its the basic cleric. And yeah, 18/12 is what the axe needs. I only wanted to put what I needed for that weapon, as its the main focus. What I was thinking of playing the build like is just being able to tank shit and basically frustrate people. I thought about using grass shield for stamina regen but I might go for a shield that has good mag resist. Way I played my faith girl in ds was basically play defensive and punishing mistakes. Its similar to what I wanna go for now.

Great combust sounds good. I'd look into chaos sword dance as well.

You need to raise your strength then. Prolly a lot.

Or not, actually. I forgot that crest shield has pretty high magic guard.

Although it's stability is kinda puny.

How often did you use that faith build in ds? In pvp I mean. I didn't even know you played it online.

noob are you free tonight to kill seath and trade for estocs?

Edited by Penguin Deus

Good. I'm still really angry about last night. If you got spare dragon scales lemme at them so I can max the moonlight. Although I think I have like 9 scales already so maybe I don't need them.

Well whatever I just want the Moonlight. I'll bring estoc. Did you need anything else on that file?

So dope not going out cuz I'm totally broke! Go dark souls go!